Step by step to guide you how to perform a transfer your loved one from bed to wheelchair/chair.
1. Wash/Sanitise your hand first
2. Inform your loved one what you are doing throughout the whole process of transferring.
3. Encourage your loved one to assist you during the transfer to maintain balance and coordination.
4. Bring your arm far across your body.
5. Flex lower limbs or both lower limbs.
6. Roll your loved one towards you by supporting underneath/around the far shoulder and hip.
7. Assist your loved one using arm to support under shoulder and the other around the hip.
8. Assist your loved one to sit closer to the edge of the bed.
9. Ensure your loved one's feet are positioned well such that they will not be caught during transfer and tucked in behind knees.
10. Ensure that the wheelchair is positioned at a 30-degree angle from the bed. Check the wheelchair for safety precaution i.e. locking of wheels and footrest has folded properly.
11. Place one arm around the chest and one arm supporting underneath the hip.
12. Use momentum "1,2,3" and facilitate trunk forward flexion and extension of lower limbs. Communicate with your loved one before transferring. This will enable your loved one to assist you whilst you are doing the procedure.
13. Safely pivot transfers your loved one into wheelchair.
14. Facilitate scooting to sit in a wheelchair in a stable manner.
Hope the above tips are useful for you as reference.
Our Founder Dr Kong Why Hong was invited as a guest speaker at the Persatuan Keturunan Leong Kwong Batu 11 Cheras Selangor at Fairy Park Heritage City on 18 December 2022. 無拉港刘氏公会在18/12/2022年主辨，(爱❤家人，爱❤健康)。活动地点:仙境古城文化度假村 Dr Kong shared the differences between Western Medicine...
In conjunction with World Stroke Day every year, Community-based rehabilitation (CBR) Batu Kikir has organized World Stroke Day Celebration 2022. Program details are as follows:Date: 23 October 2022 (Sunday)Time: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PMVenue: Community-based rehabilitation (CBR) Batu Kikir,...
iElder.asia is pleased to participate 9th Caregiver Training UMMC 2022 on 19 October 2022 at University Malaya Medical Center as one of the exhibitors. Please feel free to visit us. We attended the 9th Caregiver Training UMMC 2022 on 19th October....