Hearing happens to be one of our basic senses along with the most important one in terms of communication. Mostly, people fail to realize its worth and importance by the time it begins to fade and fail.
We provide the following service
1. Hearing test
2. Hearing loss counselling
3. Hearing Aids Fitting
4. Tinnitus counselling & treatment
Charges is based on the customer's need.
5 Reasons Why Should Elderly go for Hearing Test
The impacts of hearing loss in elderly are devastating. Below are the top 5 reasons why an elderly should go for hearing test as long as their age reaches 60 years and above.
- Loss of hearing often goes unnoticed and is usually discarded. Its slow and veiling process manages to deafen the ear before one realizes it is too late. The person facing hearing problems may be able to recognize sounds but will not be able to distinguish the correct words and sentences.
- Hearing loss can result in communication breakdown which can lead to many issues. It could make one paranoid and suspicious of others intentions and motives. It will either make one highly alert or careless about the surroundings.
- A person with hearing struggles will not be affected alone. Along with them, their family and friends will be deeply affected as they are the ones who communicate with them the most. The problems caused due to not being able to hear will be both ways as it will lead both the speaker and the listener to confusion and estrangement.
- Hearing loss can lead to Dementia along with Alzheimer disease indirectiy. Sounds being unable to enter can weaken the ear cells and will reduce the input to brain, therefore decreasing the alertness to the surrounding. A study reveals that people with listening problems often struggle hard to focus on the surrounding which disrupts the section of the brain has been reserved for memory, hence causing Dementia.
- Hearing loss has proven to increase the risk of fall. According to USNews.com, “People with a 25-decibel hearing loss (classified as mild) were nearly three times more likely to have a history of falling than those with no hearing loss. Lack of sound awareness from the surrounding also increased the chance of car accident for people with moderate hearing loss or more. “
Get your hearing test done as long as you or your loved one reach 60 years old.
We will waive the hearing test service if you purchase hearing aids from us.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make appointment.
Location of the clinic
6, Lorong CP 6/50, Taman Cheras Perdana, Cheras, 43200 Selangor, Malaysia.