Oral Feeding Tips
Purpose of Oral Feeding
To provide adequate nutrition and be in control of a proper diet to the your loved ones.
As people grow older, their body system also degenerates which affects the digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Ensure patient is in sitting position.
- Do not give food/drink when patient is lying down
- Be patient - follow the patient's pace
- Eg: Parkinson or Dementia patients
- Encourage the patient to chew/swallow if they keep the food in the mouth.
4. Small amounts at each feeding. Cut the food into small bite portions, to
4. Don't underfeed/overfeed the patient
5. Don't force the patient to eat all the food that presented on the plate.
1. Complimentary Pureed Meal Delivery to Aged Care Homes, A collaboration between Gentle Foods, DYS-Puree, H-care and iElder.asia
2. Soft Diet Preparation Made Easy with Gentle Foods