Sign that your parent needs help
- She’s unsteady. Is she wobbly on the stairs? Does she get dizzy getting up from a chair? Or has she already fallen?
- The car has dents, your parent has a traffic violation, or you simply don’t feel safe letting your children in the car with Grandpa driving.
- Her personality has changed. Is your sweet mother suddenly critical or irritable? Your vocal father suddenly quiet and compliant?
- Your parent no longer does things she used to enjoy.
- She misses appointments, get lost, forgets important information, or loses things.
- The house and yard are no longer maintained.
- His personal hygiene has fallen to the wayside.