Physiotherapy Treatment (All Musculoskelatel Condition)
Physiotherapy Treatment Home Visit
The advantages of stretching exercise:
- Increased range of movement; This is beneficial as it can help with good posture as well as improving the quality of life of individuals as the performance in everyday activities becomes more efficient.
- A muscle trigger point (knot) can be caused by a chronically irritated muscle spindle. Stretching can help reduce trigger points. Slow stretching increases the metabolism in the muscle spindle, this elevates its oxygen consumption allowing it to relax and cause the trigger point to reduce
- Increases blood supply to the soft tissues; this is beneficial to those with muscular injuries as it will bring nutrients to the area
- Reduces tension and resistance in muscle tissue
- Increases comfort and performance of the body
- Can reduce pain in musculoskeletal injuries that involve muscle tightness
- Static stretching
Static stretching is used to stretch muscles while the body is at rest. It is composed of various techniques that gradually lengthen a muscle to an elongated position (to the point of discomfort) and hold that position for 30 seconds.
- Dynamic stretching
Dynamic stretching is stretching the muscle whilst movement is taking place.
- PNF (Proprioception Neuromuscular Facilitation)
PNF is a group of manually strengthening and stretching techniques. E.g. contraction of agonist (stretched muscle) followed by further stretch (possibly with contraction of antagonist). Contract- relax, hold-relax.
Active exercises require exertion to move the muscles in order to maintain joint range and keep the muscle active
ACTIVE ASSISTED EXERCISE
Active assistive exercises are exercises performed by the patient or with the assistance of an external force as therapist, cord & pulley, weight & pulley circuit.
Range of motion exercise refers to activity aimed at improving movement of a specific joint. This motion is influenced by several structures: configuration of bone surfaces within the joint, joint capsule, ligaments, tendons, and muscles acting on the joint.
Mobilising exercise is beneficial for improvement of mobility of the joints of both the spine and extremities, creation of new motor patterns, and acquisition of the necessary mobility for daily life skills.
Strengthening exercise is a type of physical exercise specializing in the use of resistance to induce muscular contraction which builds the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles.
i.PNF Strengthening - PNF incorporates mass movement patterns that are diagonal and spiral in nature and often cross the midline of the body. Everyday tasks and skills, from picking up a bottle of water to throwing and kicking naturally utilize diagonal and spiral movements. The techniques used for PNF strengthening replicate movements and muscle contractions of many physical activities. Rhythmic initiation is typically used to help aid the education of initiating a movement.
- Resistance exercise - Resistance exercise is any form of exercise that forces skeletal muscles to contract. An external resistance (sandbag, theraband, dumbell) is used to cause the contractions, and those contractions lead to increases in muscular mass, strength, endurance and tone.
The purposes of balance training are to improve joint stability, improve muscle strength and confidence level of an individual who have experience of fall or traumatic episode.
- Static balance –The centre of gravity of the body is within base of support during the exercise movement.
- Dynamic balance – the displacement of centre of gravity out from the base of support.
The training of walking manner include heel strike phase, midstance phase, heel off phase, toe off phase.
- To strengthen muscles and joints.
- To improve balance and posture.
- To build endurance.
- To develop muscle memory.
- To retrain legs for repetitive motion.
- To lower risk of falls, while increasing mobility
- By local physiotherapist
- Assess/reassess patient general condition, affected limb and organs
- Patient advise and home care program
- Provide relevant educational materials
Exclude traveling charges. Please provide address to determine traveling charges. Within Klang Valley only.
For package, the physiotherapist will determine package price depending on condition of patient.