Recommended Helpful Gadgets for Parkinson's Patients
1. Walking aids
- The proper fit is important in selecting a walking aid, as the height needs to support a proper posture. Straight canes work better for people with PD than tripod or quad canes.
- For walkers, four-wheeled walkers or rollator offer better stability for people with PD rather than those that need to be lifted. For people with late stage PD, a wheelchair or electric scooter might be needed to get around.
- Stair Lift
- Multipurpose mobile transfer chair
2. Eating Utensils
3. Help in the Bathroom
- Anti slip flooring
- Nurse call button
- Gripsox - Some feedback from physios and OT's about GripSox and Parkinson's clients has been that the socks are often beneficial as individuals have found it easier to clear the floor when walking, as the socks are lighter on their feet compared to wearing shoes. They also still benefit from some grip to prevent slipping. Again though, I recommend to make sure each individual is suitably assessed as a safety precaution.
5. Help in the Bedroom
- it is easier to use than a typical tablet-More space to press buttons if the Parkinson's person hands shake or show tremor
- And the cognitive games help to keep the mind active and people with Parkinson's are more likely to have problems with cognition. The cognitive games can help with brain stimulation.
庆祝国际老年人日！ 感谢老年媒体协会 (TAMA) 认可老年妇女在我们的家庭和社区中做出的令人难以置信的贡献。他们的培育精神和坚定不移的支持激励着我们所有人！ 向 TAMA（又名《老年杂志》）致敬，感谢“活出你的黄金岁月”论坛取得的巨大成功。这是对当今充满活力的世界中老年女性坚韧不拔的致敬！ 这次聚会的主要目的是向单身母亲和其他边缘化妇女提供支持，并于 10 月 21 日在吉隆坡奥克伍德酒店阐明她们在我国面临的挑战。这是您不想错过的活动！ 😃 iElder 很高兴能够参加今天在奥克伍德酒店举行的有意义的会议。感谢您参观我们的展位，探索尖端的老年护理辅助技术。让我们一起产生积极的影响！ #iElder #GoldenYearsCelebration #SeniorCareTech #InspirationInAging
2023 年 9 月 29 日至 10 月 1 日，请加入我们在Atria 购物中心，因为 iElder 与 Amazing Seniors 合作举办的“庆祝活动：生命从 50 岁开始”活动将设立一个展位。 请密切关注我们专门为这次庆祝活动量身定制的特别促销活动的激动人心的更新！