Date: 3 November 2023 FridayTime: 10am to 3pmVenue: 10th Floor, West Wing, Berjaya Times SquarePartner: Act4Health Product to promotehttps://ielder.asia/collections/act4healthhttps://ielder.asia/collections/training/products/hrd-corp-claimable-applying-acupressure-for-occupational-diseases
Recommended Helpful Gadgets for Parkinson's Patients
1. Walking aids
- The proper fit is important in selecting a walking aid, as the height needs to support a proper posture. Straight canes work better for people with PD than tripod or quad canes.
- For walkers, four-wheeled walkers or rollator offer better stability for people with PD rather than those that need to be lifted. For people with late stage PD, a wheelchair or electric scooter might be needed to get around.
- Stair Lift
- Multipurpose mobile transfer chair
2. Eating Utensils
3. Help in the Bathroom
4. Anti Slip
- Anti slip flooring
- Nurse call button
- Gripsox - Some feedback from physios and OT's about GripSox and Parkinson's clients has been that the socks are often beneficial as individuals have found it easier to clear the floor when walking, as the socks are lighter on their feet compared to wearing shoes. They also still benefit from some grip to prevent slipping. Again though, I recommend to make sure each individual is suitably assessed as a safety precaution.
5. Help in the Bedroom
- it is easier to use than a typical tablet-More space to press buttons if the Parkinson's person hands shake or show tremor
- And the cognitive games help to keep the mind active and people with Parkinson's are more likely to have problems with cognition. The cognitive games can help with brain stimulation.
[October 2023 Event] Living Your Golden Years: Contribution & Resilience of Older Women in a Changing WorldRead now
Celebrating the International Day of Older Persons! A shoutout to the Third Age Media Association (TAMA) for recognizing the incredible contributions of older women in our families and communities. Their nurturing spirit and unwavering support inspire us all! Hats...
[September 2023 Event] Seniors Festival The Celebration: Life Begins at 50 | 2023 September 29th to October 1st 2023Read now
Join us at the Atria Mall from September 29th to October 1st, 2023, as iElder hosts a booth in collaboration with "The Celebration: Life Begins at 50" event by Amazing Seniors. Keep an eye out for our exciting...