Date: 3 November 2023 FridayTime: 10am to 3pmVenue: 10th Floor, West Wing, Berjaya Times SquarePartner: Act4Health Product to promotehttps://ielder.asia/collections/act4healthhttps://ielder.asia/collections/training/products/hrd-corp-claimable-applying-acupressure-for-occupational-diseases
Home Hazard and Safety Assessment Cases
A Home Safety Assessment is a comprehensive evaluation. It is designed to enable seniors to live independently and enjoy their accustomed quality of life without danger of hospitalization. As part of our initial assessment, we evaluate the home environment, looking for potential threats to a senior's well-being.
Make her house fall-safe:
Be on the lookout for household hazards, such as meandering electrical wires, loose rugs, piles in pathways, and dishes or hanging plants that must be be reached with a footstool. Be sure the house is well lighted. Add handrails and grab bars.Below is home safety assessment example:
- Previously independent. Stroke with L side weakness. Prone to falls .
- Aim to strengthen weaken limbs and to be independent again.
- Now able to mobilise with walker but unsteady gait.
- Need to see about home physio as well.
- Power 4 - on L side but poor co-ordination.
- Install grab bar in toilet and hallway.
- Stick anti slip sticker on the floor to reduce tendency of falling.
- Install safety bed rail to prevent fall during sleep.
- Use shower chair in the toilet.
- Use walker frame.
- Mother will return home from hospital after surgery.
- The mother fall down and cannot use one of her leg.
- Need to transfer mother from one place to one place (bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to sofa)
- Don't like to use bedpan and prefer to go to toilet.
- Use seat carrier to transfer mother from bed to wheelchair, sofa or car.
- Use transport board to transfer mother from bed to commode pushchair.
- Get a commode pushchair that can push directly to toilet bowl.
Read 'Room-by-Room Modicifications' in our blog for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and etc.
Arrange for a home safety assessment
A home safety assessment calls for a home safety expert, like a occupational therapist, social worker, geriatric care manager, or certified aging-in-place specialist, to come into a home and look for potential fall risks. They suggest improvements and provide a customized home-modification plan to eliminate hazards both inside and outside the home.
Don't let the fear of falling get in the way of aging at home, whether it's you or a loved one.
Get a free quote about Elderly care products and services, please chat with us here
[October 2023 Event] Living Your Golden Years: Contribution & Resilience of Older Women in a Changing WorldRead now
Celebrating the International Day of Older Persons! A shoutout to the Third Age Media Association (TAMA) for recognizing the incredible contributions of older women in our families and communities. Their nurturing spirit and unwavering support inspire us all! Hats...
[September 2023 Event] Seniors Festival The Celebration: Life Begins at 50 | 2023 September 29th to October 1st 2023Read now
Join us at the Atria Mall from September 29th to October 1st, 2023, as iElder hosts a booth in collaboration with "The Celebration: Life Begins at 50" event by Amazing Seniors. Keep an eye out for our exciting...