How to age gracefully in your golden age? 8 secrets to share....must read
Exercise regularly is an excellent way to give serotonin levels a boost, as well as combat the effects of the stress hormone cortisol. Make it a habit to take a brisk walk for 10 minutes a day or swim every day for half an hour to keep your arteries healthy. For emotional part, lift feelings of sadness, self-doubt and fatigue. Meditation is a good way to start with.
2. Being out in the sun for a total of 20 minutes every day helps most people's bodies make enough vitamin D.
3. Embrace your work. Do the job you love to do. If you like gardening or cooking, continue doing it.
4. Maintain a positive attitude. A great attitude can help you enjoy getting older, instead of dreading or simply tolerating it.
5. Take up golf - People play golf into old age, and there are also positive social and psychological aspects. You get fresh air, sunshine, exercise by walking for 4-5 hours.
6. Get your fill of folate. Take more
- Black-eyed peas and green peas
- Beans and lentils
- Spinach and romaine lettuce
- Collard, mustard and turnip greens
- Green veggies like asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and okra
- Peanuts and sunflower seeds
- Flax seed
- Beets, cauliflower and squash
- Fruits like papaya, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries and bananas
- Orange juice (100% is best) and tomato juice
7. Regularly engaging in mentally stimulating activities. You even can start learning internet business, blogging and try some mentally training activities.
8. Make an effort to maintain a
- target blood pressure [More than 120 over 80 and less than 140 over 90 (120/80-140/90)],
- lower your cholesterol (healthy adults should have a total cholesterol level below 5 mmol/L),
- maintain a healthy weight ( BMI range is 18.5—24.9),
- drink alcohol in moderation and
- avoid smoking.