Silicare Silicone Heel Cushions are made in India using German machinery and raw materials to give you a world-class product at an affordable price. Cheaper competitor products are made from industrial silicone (which is not bio-compatible) or gels (which have less shock absorption).
Silicone is a man-made product. It is manufactured from sand (silica) and oxygen. Due to its purity, it is a preferred component in the medical industry. It is resistant to extreme pressures and temperatures.
Purpose of using a Silicone Heel Cushion
When we walk, the heel of the foot hits the ground in each step. This transmits a shock from ground through the heel, up the knee and hip and to the back. Over time, this may result in heel pain, knee pain and back pain. A heel cushion will absorb most of the shock and prevent it from being transmitted upwards.
- Made from non-implantable medical grade silicone.
- Absorbs shock during walking (thereby preventing it from being transmitted back up the body)
- Central blue soft silicone area for improved shock absorption
- Does not absorb sweat or water
- Resistant to chemicals
- Resistant to high temperatures
- Can bear sustained pressure (due to walking) for a long time without being deformed
- Biocompatible i.e does not cause any skin allergies
- Does not support growth of micro-organisms
- Can be worn inside regular shoes